Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Morning!

Kitties have had their breakfast and I am sipping on a cup of pumpkin spice coffee, sitting at table in my PJ's.  Rather a typical morning!  I was thinking how much fun it is to have you all along for the ride!  And hoping I am not boring you!  I guess you can always get out! haha!

Clem and I went for a stroll last night, and met one of our "neighbors,"walking his little Yorkie.  Of course, I had to say hello....to the yorkie!  (Always a good ice breaker, however.)  The man is from Texas, where he owns a home and business in Corpus Cristi, and a second home in northern Texas.  They are in a new RV, their second,  and spending a week here, as they do every year.  He was giving us some pointers about Santa Fe, and chatting about RV life, and he said, buy in Oregon....no sales tax.   He spent $200,000 on his latest, and "could have saved a chunk of change, " had he bought in Oregon.  They drive a 37 foot "pusher"....see I am getting the lingo down!  That means, it is diesel powered, and the engine is in the rear.  More power, less noise.   More expensive by about $50,000.  So, he STILL owns a VERY nice "coach."  (No longer called a rig.)  They love the life.  He said he loves having their own stuff along with them.  And friend Linda , proud owner of her own RV, has told me she enjoys always having her own bed along!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely day.....and remembered to change their clocks!
Another interesting thing:  We crossed a time zone, which should have been in Arizona, except they don't practice day light savings (very smart people!  How do I get that passed in MY state?)  So, our watches were off by an hour.  But the time changed!  So I didn't have to change my watch!  Simple people are easily amused they say!  Have a good one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment