Friday, November 12, 2010

Asheville, NC

Just a quick note this morning to keep me on track, then we need to get going on a busy day of sight seeing.  We passed signs for Dollywood.  I decided that, once again, I would not make a trip, but since we passed it, I would have gone to see it.  But we were making time.  Maybe next trip!  Also decided to pass on an old plantation in Nashville....I may have mentioned that.  Things are beginning to blur!  haha!

We reached Asheville pretty early, and got parked and plugged in while it was still light.  We took a walk around the RV park, then Bob and Judy arrived.  They had driven from Apex, near Raleigh, to meet us, and spend a few days with us.  We met them when we lived in Acton, Ma, and they returned from living in Germany to live next door to us.  They have been fast friends ever since.  I think we may now have tied them in number of places we have lived, though they also lived in Europe and Japan, where the Air Force took them.  It will be fun to spend time with them while we explore Asheville.

This has not been a culinary excursion, as we are seeing sights and making time across the country.  But we did eat out last night at a local hot spot.  Called the Tupelo Honey Cafe, we had to wait, but it was worth it, with very creative cuisine.  I had Southern Stroganoff on goat cheese grits with cilantro sauce and sour cream.  Pretty tasty!  And instead of the ubiquitous bread basket, they brought biscuits!  I LOVE biscuits!  (Pat....I have not forgotten you said you make really good ones, and you should make me some!  You SHOULD!   :-)    )

Ok...I need to get ready for our day.  The Biltmore Estate is on the agenda for today.
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment